32nd Annual Folk Art Quilt Show
Over the past 31 years, thousands of quilts made by local quilters have graced the Metz Exhibition Hall during the Annual Folk Art Quilt Show. In 2016, attendees enjoyed 75 community quilts and the Rev. Andrew C. Strachan’s signed and dated, April 1900, Crazy Quilt recently donated to SCM. This year, South County Museum will show quilts from its collection related to the history of the museum, which was founded in 1933. In particular, a signature quilt made in 1934 for Rev. Harold J. Friend, who was SCM’s Curator from 1946-1964 will be highlighted.
The show will be open to the public September 15, 16 & 17, 2017 from 10am-4pm. Special program presentations will be at 11am and 1pm daily.
If you would like to enter your quilts and wearable art into our 32nd annual quilt show you may download and complete the entry form below.
Rules for Entry:
- Entry forms are due no later than Tuesday August 15, 2017. Each entry requires an accompanying photograph of the artwork. Quilts will not be accepted without a photo. We ask that no quilts exhibited in previous years be submitted.
- Due to space limitations, quilts over 100 x 100 inches will not be accepted.
- Large quilts need a 6 in sleeve (or wider). Wall hangings need a 4 inch sleeve (or wider). Sleeves are a necessity in order to hang the quilts properly.
- All entries must have a label attached to the back with the quilt maker/owern’s name on it.
- Send completed applications to South County Museum, c/o Associate Director Blaire Gagnon, P.O. Box 709, Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882 or via email email@example.com, use the subject line: 2017 Quilt Application.
White Glove Volunteers Needed:
Due to the incredible amount of work necessary to realize a quality quilt show, volunteers are greatly appreciated to assist with set up and removal of the quilts. In addition, because viewers are not permitted to touch the quilts, white gloved ambassadors are also needed during the event to assist with viewing and to answer questions regarding individual quilts. If you would like to be a volunteer, please contact Associate Director Blaire Gagon at firstname.lastname@example.org; 401-783-5400.