VOLUNTEERS SOUGHT FOR SOUTH COUNTY MUSEUM
South County Museum is looking for individuals interested in becoming part of the fabric and family of our organization. We seek volunteers interested in helping us interpret, preserve, and present local history and assisting in various capacities during 2019. We are looking for year-round, seasonal and special event volunteers.
Volunteers are asked to commit to at least one three-hour block of time on a schedule that is convenient to them. Special event volunteers and demonstrators are also needed. Advanced training is not required; new volunteers work with a member of the staff and learn by doing. Volunteers can help in the following areas:
- Assist with collection research and management.
- Assist with preparation and installation of exhibits
- Assist with development and execution of summer programs
- Prepare to be a seasonal docent in the Metz Exhibit Hall
- Help with minor repairs to exhibit buildings.
- Meet and greet visitors in the Visitor Center
- Put your green thumb to work in the gardens.
- Demonstrate woodworking, blacksmithing, quilting and/or other forms of craftsmanship during the 2019 season
- Lend a helping hand during 4th of July Chick Hatch, 33rd Annual Folk Art Quilt Show, & other special events.
For more information, contact the Museum at 401-783-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at 115 Strathmore Street, Narragansett, RI 02882 or at www.southcountymuseum.org