We look forward to your visit!
The museum is open year-round from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays, and also Thursdays between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Please be advised that the museum will be closed at 2:00pm on Saturday, September 18th, 2021 for a special event. Regular hours resume the following week.
To ensure the health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers, and staff, the museum follows the guidelines recommended by the state of Rhode Island and the Federal Government.
Eating and drinking inside museum buildings are allowed only with permission from a staff member. Smoking is not permitted.
For your own safety:
- Do not walk or climb on fences, walls, trees, or farm machines.
- Do not disturb the animals. Animals are unpredictable: horns, hooves, teeth, and beaks can cause injury.
Service animals may be admitted. Pets are allowed only on a leash.
Accessibility & Special Services
- South County Museum has ample parking and can accommodate multiple school and small busses. Handicap access vans/busses can pull up to the ramp of our main exhibit hall to discharge visitors if desired.
- The Visitors Center, Metz Exhibition Hall and Print Shop are wheelchair-accessible. The other buildings have a step up to access. South County Museum has one wheelchair available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Bathroom facilities are available in the Visitors Center and the Metz Exhibit Building.
- A baby-changing station is available in one of the Metz’s unisex bathrooms.