During pandemic, the museum is offering free admission in support of our community. Thanks to the support of our supporters for their donations and membership to ensure this is possible.
Donations appreciated at the door or online when booking your reservation.
We are open to the general public starting July 18th, 2020:
Fridays & Saturdays, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Visitor Center admissistrative offices are open year-round, Wednesdays 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
We look forward to your visit!
Masks are required during your visit. Please enjoy the fresh air exhibits during COVID-19 restrictions; however, the Metz Exhibit Hall is currently close.
Upon check-in, one group member is required to fill out a short COVID-19 contact tracing questionaire.
Smoking is not permitted.
Eating and drinking inside museum buildings are allowed only with permission from a staff member.
For your own safety:
- Do not walk or climb on fences, walls, trees or farm machines.
- Do not disturb the animals. Animals are unpredictable: horns, hooves, teeth, and beaks can cause injury.
Service animals may be admitted. Pets are allowed only on a leash.
Accessibility & Special Services
- South County Museum has ample parking and can accommodate multiple school and small busses. Handicap access vans/busses can pull up to the ramp of our main exhibit hall to discharge visitors if desired.
- The Visitors Center, Metz Exhibition Hall and Print Shop are wheelchair-accessible. The other buildings have a step up to access. South County Museum has one wheelchair available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Bathroom facilities are available in the Visitors Center and the Metz Exhibit Building.
- A baby-changing station is available in one of the Metz’s unisex bathrooms.