Interested in getting involved using your passion and talents? South County Museum seeks interns and volunteers who are passionate about helping us interpret, preserve, and present southern Rhode Island’s unique history.
- Meet and greet visitors in the Visitor Center
- Collection research
- Exhibit development and installation
- Program development and execution
- School tours
- Minor repairs to exhibit buildings
- Garden and ground maintenance
- Conduct live exhibit demonstrations, including woodworking, blacksmithing, quilting and/or other forms of craftsmanship
- Day assistance (and free admission!) at a special event, including the 4th of July Chick Hatch, 33rd Annual Folk Art Quilt Show
Volunteers can commit to year-round, seasonal, or special event-specific positions. We do require a commitment of at least one scheduled three-hour block of time based on your schedule during our open hours. Each volunteer must be a member and complete a two-hour introductory training session to become familiar with our organization. Job-specific training will be conducted by staff members while you learn by doing.
To Apply: Fill out this Online Volunteer Application Form online or print and maill to South County Museum, P.O. Box 709, Narragansett, RI 02882. Once your application is received, we will follow-up by phone.
To Submit Hours: Online Volunteer & Intern Hours Reporting Form