Interested in getting involved using your passion and talents? South County Museum seeks individuals who are passionate about helping us preserve, interpret, and present Rhode Island’s unique rural history.
To Apply: Fill out this Online Volunteer Application Form online or print and mail to South County Museum, P.O. Box 709, Narragansett, RI 02882. Once your application is received, we will follow-up by phone.
To Submit Hours: Online Volunteer & Intern Hours Reporting Form
Accepting Summer 2021 Internship applications in public history administration. Please call (401) 783-5400 for more information on how to apply.
Each volunteer must be a member and complete a two-hour introductory training session to become familiar with our organization. Job-specific training will be conducted by staff members while you learn by doing. Volunteers are required to commit to at least one scheduled three-hour block of time based on your schedule during our open hours in either a year-round, seasonal, or special event-specific position.
- Meet and greet visitors in the Visitor Center
- Collection research
- Exhibit development and installation
- Program development and execution
- School tours
- Minor repairs to exhibit buildings
- Garden and ground maintenance
- Conduct live exhibit demonstrations, including woodworking, blacksmithing, quilting and/or other forms of craftsmanship
- Day assistance (and free admission!) at a special event, including the 4th of July Chick Hatch, 33rd Annual Folk Art Quilt Show